We came across this recipe on the Food Network and we just had to share it!
What could be better than combining two Canadian Classics: Butter Tarts and S'mores ??
S’mores Butter Tarts Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Rest Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 50 minutes
Servings: 18 s’mores butter tarts
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
¼ tsp fine salt
½ cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
¼ cup ice water
¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
½ cup corn syrup
1 large egg, whisked
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch fine salt
½ cup chopped milk chocolate, plus more for topping
1 cup mini marshmallows
Graham cracker crumbs, for topping
Check out the directions with pictures on The Food Network directly, but we've pasted the directions below as well.
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, graham cracker crumbs and salt. Using your hands, work in the butter until a crumbly mixture is formed.
2. Add the ice water and mix until dough comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter, cut dough into 18 circles and shape into a muffin pan. If using a larger muffin pan, cut dough into 12 circles. Refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, corn syrup, egg, vanilla and salt until well blended. Transfer to a pourable measuring cup.
3. Sprinkle a few pieces of chocolate in each tart shell. Evenly divide filling amongst the shells. The tarts should be ¾ of the way full.
4. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until the filling is bubbly and crust is golden.
5. Remove from the oven and top with marshmallows. Just before serving, broil the tarts for 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. Top with a sprinkle of graham crackers and shaved chocolate.
We hope you enjoy these amazing treats. If you need any plates or kitchenware to accompany them, feel free to check out our Home Decor section on our website.
This post was originally published on The Food Network on June 14, 2020. Please view their website for full details and for many other delicious recipes, treats and drinks.